Tor & Vidalia RPM repositories

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Thu Feb 4 19:05:10 UTC 2010

* Thomas.Hluchnik at netcologne.de <Thomas.Hluchnik at netcologne.de> [2010:02:04 16:21 +0100]:
> > Please let me know if you have any problems!
>
> Yes, I have. First I got the vidalia-SuSE Package, but my system doesnt like it.
> # cat /etc/SuSE-release
> openSUSE 11.0 (i586)
> VERSION = 11.0
>
> It refuses to install:
[...]
> # gpg --verify vidalia-0.2.7-1.suse11_3.i586.rpm.asc
> gpg: Keine gültigen OpenPGP-Daten gefunden.
> gpg: verify signatures failed: Unerwarteter Fehler
>
> # rpm -qip vidalia-0.2.7-1.suse11_3.i586.rpm
> error: vidalia-0.2.7-1.suse11_3.i586.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 signature: BAD, key ID 63fee659
>
> I have your PublicKey with SIG 63FEE659, so the RPM seems to be invalid.

This is a problem with rpm itself. It doesn't seem to be backwards
compatible so packages signed with new versions of rpm are broken on
older versions of rpm. I've uploaded newly signed packages to
http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/rpm/suse/ and someone tested
them on 11.1. Do these work for you?

I also had the zypper repo stanza wrong in my last email. For OpenSuSe,
it is now:

[torproject]
name=Tor and Vidalia
enabled=1
autorefresh=0
baseurl=http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/rpm/suse/
type=rpm-md
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/rpm/RPM-GPG-KEY-suse-torproject.org

> The program "qmake" couldnt be found at my system. I searched alot, but it seems to be not installed. I searched the SuSE repos, didnt find anything. Searched a little bit in the web, all sites pretend its very normal to have qmake ready & run, except my box.

qmake is in the libqt4-devel package.

Erinn