Tor on the Nokia N900 (Mobile Tor stuff)

7v5w7go9ub0o 7v5w7go9ub0o at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 20:53:25 UTC 2010

On 02/18/10 20:07, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> The performance of Tor is similar to any other Tor client - this is our
> reference C implementation running on the N900.
>
> With that said - You may want to hold out and get an Android phone.
> We're looking to do a release of Tor on Android next week. We have some
> very promising alphas and it's quite exciting!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but am a little surprised at the
interest in TOR on Android  - Android seems a closed, phone-home "cloud"
computer with little/no regard for privacy or anonymity. I'd always
wonder about a nice little log somewhere on my phone and/or in the "cloud".

OTOH, IIUC, The N900 can be configured as a traditional lap/desktop.
(Arguably, one may want to hold out for an entirely open-source meego
N900 with the new Intel chip)