Google cookies

jon at jcosby.com jon at jcosby.com
Sat Feb 13 20:15:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:03:28 -0500, Flamsmark  wrote:  On 13 February
2010 14:16, Jon Cosby  wrote:
-0800, jon at jcosby.com [3] wrote 0.3K bytes in 10 lines about:
 > : I just
noticed that on closing a Firefox session, google cookies are not
 > :
removed. I have to toggle Tor to remove them. Is this normal?

 > Do you
mean toggle torbutton? It depends what you have told torbutton
 > to do or
how you have setup firefox to manage cookies.

 Yes, I'm using the
Torbutton, with the default cookie settings (clear on
 toggle, etc.) The
google cookies are the only ones that require a manual
 click to clear. All
others are removed on closing and resetting Firefox.

 Are you referring to
the Google cookies that Torbutton uses to avoid having to fill in CAPTCHAs
every time you load a Google page? Those are the same across Torbutton
users, so they won't identify you.

Now that you mention it, I haven't
seen that in a while. Nice feature, I wasn't aware of it.

Jon

Links:
------
[1] mailto:jon at jcosby.com