Announce: amnesia Live system 0.4.2

Hannah Schroeter hannah at pond.sub.org
Sat Feb 13 00:14:30 UTC 2010

Hi!

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 12:45:18AM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
>Hannah Schroeter wrote (12 Feb 2010 23:13:51 GMT) :
>> However, my French is a bit lacking

>Fixed, thanks for the report.

Cool, I see it, also the language choice for those who actually prefer
French.

>> and the certificate problem is still there (konqueror doesn't
>> recognize it because of the cacert root certificate). (Curiously,
>> firefox *does* recognize it.)

>cacert's root CA can be imported into Konqueror.

Thanks for the hint, just did it (from the local root CA file which
firefox uses).

>[...]

>> PS: Are the older powerpc versions still worthwhile to seed?

>Well... AFAIK, they have never been tested on real hardware, I doubt
>they actually work, and we have never received any kind of user
>feedback about them. This is why no powerpc image was built for
>amnesia 0.4.x.

Ok.

>Curiously (?), this is also why I am in favour of doing anything that
>can help changing this state of things; including seeding these images
>=> they are tested => we get bug reports and can fix them.

Hmmm. I'm not sure. Why should people use pre-built binaries of *older*
versions if current source is available too...

If I had a powerpc, I'd use the source in that case (at least if it's
really usable, as in I don't have to invest a million of hours ;) of
manual work to build).

But ok, perhaps others think differently, so people get to decide,
whichever gets downloaded most will get most of my upload bandwidth. :)

Kind regards,

Hannah.