Ways to be notified of new relays?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 03:11:04 UTC 2010

I'm testing a relay here a bit more in detail and would
like to know what mechanism will allow the soonest
detection of it by another unaffiliated client across
the globe?

I can pull and crunch the /.../.tor/ files. And via
the controller I can also 'getinfo desc/all-recent'.

Maybe there are settings to emit new ones as soon as
they are learned in real time to the controller or to logs??

And I'm not quite sure whether they come in bulk
updates off the directories or piecemeal. I'm sure
the dirs don't push to the clients though.
Thanks.