Stuck at 85%

Moses moses.mason at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 16:57:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

Recently I got many this kind of error, and the connection is stuck at
85%, WHY?

(Timestamp is scrubbed)

[notice] Tor v0.2.2.19-alpha (git-e57cb6b9762a2f94). This is experimental softw
re. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity. (Running on Windows Vista
Service Pack 2 [workstation])
[notice] Initialized libevent version 1.4.14-stable using method win32. Good.
[notice] Opening Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
[notice] Parsing GEOIP file.
[notice] OpenSSL OpenSSL 0.9.8p 16 Nov 2010 looks like version 0.9.8m or later;
I will try SSL_OP to enable renegotiation
[notice] new bridge descriptor 'Unnamed' (cached)
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[notice] Bootstrapped 80%: Connecting to the Tor network.
[notice] Bootstrapped 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 2; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
[notice] Application request when we haven't used client functionality lately.
ptimistically trying known bridges again.
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[notice] Learned fingerprint 582223784EAFB561661F8C98EE0A062F62676EF5 for bridg
 84.170.168.234:444
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 3; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
[notice] Application request when we haven't used client functionality lately.
ptimistically trying known bridges again.
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 4; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:80. Giving up.
(waiting for circuit)
[notice] Application request when we haven't used client functionality lately.
ptimistically trying known bridges again.
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:80. Giving up.
(waiting for circuit)
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:443. Giving up
 (waiting for circuit)
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 5; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
[notice] Application request when we haven't used client functionality lately.
ptimistically trying known bridges again.
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:443. Giving up
 (waiting for circuit)
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 6; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
[notice] Application request when we haven't used client functionality lately.
ptimistically trying known bridges again.
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 7; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
[notice] Application request when we haven't used client functionality lately.
ptimistically trying known bridges again.
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:443. Giving up
 (waiting for circuit)
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:443. Giving up
 (waiting for circuit)
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 8; recommendation warn)
[...]
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 9; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
[notice] Application request when we haven't used client functionality lately.
ptimistically trying known bridges again.
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:443. Giving up
 (waiting for circuit)
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 10; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:443. Giving up
 (waiting for circuit)
[notice] Application request when we haven't used client functionality lately.
ptimistically trying known bridges again.
[notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:443. Giving up
 (waiting for circuit)
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop.
(Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ]; NOROUTE; count 11; recommendation warn)
[notice] no known bridge descriptors running yet; stalling
[notice] Our directory information is no longer up-to-date enough to build circ
its: No live bridge descriptors.
^C

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.