Downloading files?

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Fri Dec 31 17:51:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:25:14AM -0500, andrew at torproject.org wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 04:55:18PM +0100, andre76 at fastmail.fm wrote 0.9K bytes in 27 lines about:
> : When I've tried to download, when using Tor, Tor pops up some message
> : and says something like "this could unmask you....use Amnesia LiveCd"
>
> That sounds like the torbutton download intercept for firefox.  It
> should ask you if you want to launch the application or cancel.  In most
> cases, launching the application opens the firefox download prompt.  In
> some cases, it will launch the application directly.  It depends how
> your browser is configured with mime types and the like.

Amnesia Live CD here is the old name for T(A)ILS live CD available at
https://amnesia.boum.org. It changed name after the merge with the
icognito live CD project. There's already a bug report against Torbutton
to update the references in this message, (as well as the Torvm part of
it, being unmaintained) which warns you about downloading untrusted files
and read them on your computer.

bert.