My vds was blocked

Justin Aplin jmaplin at ufl.edu
Wed Dec 29 13:06:02 UTC 2010

On Dec 29, 2010, at 5:12 AM, Orionjur Tor-admin wrote:

> Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Orionjur Tor-admin
>> <tor-admin at orionjurinform.com> wrote:
>>> I had set up a tor exit-node on my vds. It worked about 5 month
>>> but now
>>> I have received a messages about blocking my vds on the grounds of
>>> receiving an abuse report (attached).
>>> My vds-provider is one from the list of "good" providers from the
>>> list
>>> published on the tor blogs.
>>> What do you, people, can reccomend me to do?!

There are plenty of excellent suggestions (and template responses) here:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/TorAbuseTemplates

>> I suggest you read
>> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq-abuse.html.en#TypicalAbuses
>>

> What do you think about the next exit-policies:
<snip>

Most people are having success with the policy laid out here:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment

Personally I'd be on the paranoid side and block the port that
generated the complaint until I got the matter resolved with my ISP,
but that's just me (our small provider has a nasty and temperamental
network admin).

~Justin Aplin