Tor VM stalled at 25%

Praedor Atrebates praedor at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 23:08:52 UTC 2010

Oh, I want the VM system because I want to be able to browse without having to deactivate java, javascript, and flash.  There are simply too many websites out that that REQUIRE one or more of those active.  I want the VM so I can access these websites while still being anonymous, thus the necessity of a VM environment.

praedor

On Thursday, December 23, 2010 05:59:32 pm you wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Praedor Atrebates <praedor at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > ... do we all have to roll out own?
>
> not all, but at least one.  why not use the standard Bundle in an
> Ubuntu or other VM?
>
> the transparent VM model is experimental and complicated; if you're
> not comfortable building and deploying it yourself the supported
> bundle distributions and modes of use are much more recommended.
> there are also third party distributions like Janus VM if you're
> evaluating all your options...
>
> best regards,

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.
– James Madison