Very low performance in CriptolabTORRelays*

Daniel Franganillo danielf at dilmun.ls.fi.upm.es
Fri Dec 3 07:40:23 UTC 2010

El 03/12/10 01:55, Mike Perry escribió:
> Thus spake Daniel Franganillo (danielf at dilmun.ls.fi.upm.es):
>
>> El 29/11/10 16:27, Daniel Franganillo escribió:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm the admin of CriptoLabTorRelays[1][2][3][4]
>>> As you can see at [1][2][3][4] our relays are having almost no transfer
>>> rate (3KB or so)
>>> It started on Monday 14 of November and after some testing we came to a
>>> conclusion... Our Univeristy (our workplace) somehow filtered Tor
>>> without us noticing.
>
> I think no one is answering your mail because of this statement. If
> the Tor network is blocked by your ISP, you can't exactly expect to
> run a relay...

Well, im not asking for help to run a Tor relay, I did it for more than a year
without problems. Im asking for help to gather intel so I can make an statement
to our ISP (I work at a Dept. in a univeristy) to unblock Tor.

> Did you confirm the block? Did you try connecting to some of the other
> public tor relays? A simple way to do this is to just use Firefox and
> type in https://random.tor.node.ip and see if you get a cert warning
> or not.

Our ISP wont say nothing about their filters (It seems to be a Top Secret issue
:P). As I said before there's no problem reported at debug.log except for the
frequent:

[debug] TLS error: unexpected close while reading (SSL_ST_OK)

> Another way to do this is to try to use Tor as a client. Does that
> work?

Nope.

> How about using a client with bridges. Do they work?
> https://www.sesawe.net/Using-Tor-with-Bridges.html

Nope. Transfer rates are equally ridiculous. Tried in windows, same.
Thanks.

--
-----------------------------------
    Daniel Franganillo Corrales