Fwd: Re: DMCA Infringement Notification: Copies of 14 complaints

Mike Perry mikeperry at fscked.org
Sat Dec 18 21:25:48 UTC 2010

Hrmm. You probably shouldn't be running an exit router on your home
Internet connection, either. To my knowledge, no one has ever had
their door kicked in in the USA for running an exit router, but there
have been phone calls and visits. In other countries, people have had
all of their computing equipment seized, and in rare cases, have had
charges brought against them for copyrighted or other material found
that was completely unrelated to Tor.

It's best to keep your home connection running as middle or bridge
only, unless you are fully prepared for the risks of increased
attention to your home.

Thus spake scar (scar at drigon.com):