Adding voip to torchat

hhhh xhdhx johncalisano at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 18:44:39 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:03 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri at boum.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hhhh xhdhx wrote (18 Dec 2010 16:13:59 GMT) :
> > If u guys hav all the pieces of the puzzle togather then y not put
> > it out in a simple package :-).
>
> The preliminary testing I mentioned is quite different from "having
> all the pieces of the puzzle together"; I am rather speaking of
> managing to have a first two minutes torified VoIP discussion using
> the mentioned tools.
>
> About the "why not" thing, here's a hint: my spare time is not
> infinite.
>
> Also, I'd be pleased if you did not assume I and my accomplices are
> all men.

  Being from a country where phone tapping is rampant & the legal procedure
behind it is opaque I could not contain my enthusiam.I will  also keep in
mind to be strictly gender neutral . If ther is an active VOIP for tor
project I would be really happy to work on it.

> > Also Id like to kno if ther are/were plans to put the hidden service
> > descriptors into a DHT .
>
> No idea what this DHT thing is. Is this related to the current thread,
> or part of a different discussion (that would probably better fit
> another thread)?
>
>   I was refering to the contact points the hidden services advertise.I
think they are maintained in the directory servers now and not in DHT's like
mentioned in the tor-design paper , correct me if I'm wrong .DHTs have their
obvious security issues but I was wondering if people were experimenting
with any designs like the gnunet dht .