Adding voip to torchat

7v5w7go9ub0o 7v5w7go9ub0o at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 16:45:06 UTC 2010

On 12/18/10 09:27, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gregory Maxwell wrote (18 Dec 2010 11:08:39 GMT) :
>> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:55 AM, hhhh xhdhx<johncalisano at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I figured the lgical thing to add to torchat would be voip .Is
>>> there any move to that end , can anyone give me pointers as to
>>> probable protocols , packages that can be ported to torchat .Or
>>> how abt getting ekiga to do the same along with zrtp .???
>
> Preliminary testing showed OnionCat + Mumble to be a working and
> relatively easy to setup Tor-enabled VoIP solution; the 1/2s - 1s
> delay is only slightly annoying.

Nice! And it seems that Mumble is working on video as well! I'm guessing
that the strength of multi-platform Mumble is its ability to handle delays?

Did you do any testing with SIP clients - e.g. SIP Communicator and/or
SFLphone? I ask because each of these seem to be very active, and also
offer ZRTP.

TIA