Setting country code?

. Peace at Aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net
Wed Dec 15 14:11:08 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 08:46 AM, Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:10 PM, . <Peace at aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net> wrote:
>> Is there a way to set Tor so that you only use a specific country for
>> what would appear as your IP address if you checked your IP address at,
>> say, myIPaddress.com?
> Yes, please see https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#ChooseEntryExit -
> you will want to set the exit nodes.

Here's what I read at the above link

/We recommend you do not use these/ --- they are intended for testing
and may disappear in future versions. You get the best security that Tor
can provide when you leave the route selection to Tor; overriding the
entry / exit nodes can mess up your anonymity in ways we don't understand.

What don't they recommend?  Is it the "ExcludeExitNodes" they're talking
about that they don't recommend you use or does it apply to Entry and
Exit also?