Tor Project 2008 Tax Return Now Online

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Mon Aug 16 13:38:11 UTC 2010

While I do think it's good to see the funding there are two points that
are important to remember.

1) this is a freesoftware project the code is there for all to see,
hopefully clueful people other than the US Government are reading it.

2) no matter who's funding it the US gov't could read the code (see
above) and would continue to (potentially) have a near global view of
internet traffic.

To a large extent freesoftware defends agains the worst abuses funders
can demand (1), but I wouldn't fully trust TOR against China either (2)

-Jon