Google and Tor.

Matthew pumpkin at cotse.net
Wed Aug 25 10:28:11 UTC 2010

  On numerous occasions when using Google with Tor (yes, I know there are
other options like Scroogle) it claims I might be sending automated queries
and gives me a CAPTCHA.  Sometimes this allows me to search; other times I
am caught in a loop and am constantly send back to the CAPTCHA screen.

I am wondering why Google does not deal with this.  I can understand that
if dozens of people are using the same IP then some sites think "zombies"
are being used.  But if the IP is a Tor node then this is not the case.
Google could surely exclude these Tor IPs.

So my question is: why don't they?  What are the politics behind their
decision not to acknowledge Tor exit nodes as bona fide?