The team of PayPal is a band of pigs and cads!

James Brown jbrownfirst at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:51:47 UTC 2010

Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:52:17 +0000
> James Brown <jbrownfirst at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Our records indicate that your password may have been shared with
>> another person, or that an anonymising proxy to access your PayPal
>> Account may be in use. Should this be the case, it would mean a
>> violation of our User Agreement.
>
> They are correct,
> https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US
>
> Section 9.1, j.
>
> Apparently they don't want you as a customer if you want to protect
> yourself from unscrupulous marketing or local ISP surveillance.  I'll
> start a conversation with them.  Thanks for bringing this up.

Yes:
9.1 Restricted Activities.  In connection with your use of our website,
your Account, or the PayPal Services, or in the course of your
interactions with PayPal, other Users, or third parties, you will not:
j. Use an anonymizing proxy;

It seems to me that about two years ago there was no such term in their
terms.
It seems to me that a piggishness from their side.
How can they demand from me use only direct connection with the Net?!
I think that it is only my private right how I have connection with the
Net,
Furthermore I have a right to my privacy and none have the right to
force me to disclose my location in any concrete moment which could
simply indicated through real ip-address.
I don't know how the matter solves in the US, but in Europe we have an
arcticle 8 of the European Convention of human rights.