Legal response to real abuse

Moritz Bartl tor at wiredwings.com
Sat Aug 7 00:08:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

The Tor website provides pretty good legal information and references in
regard to DMCA complaints (to supposedly ease the communication with the
ISP). I had to limit our exit policy for the US node anyway, so the only
complaints my ISP is receiving now are worse cases, ie. actual abuse:
Hacking, spamming, defacements, you name it. Today for example, an
individual contacted my ISP about his (successfully) hacked email
account using one of our Tor exit nodes.

I know that this is probably a hard question, but are there any
paragraphs in US law I can quote to make my ISP feel more comfortable
about that? And me? :)

Moritz
http://www.torservers.net/