RentalSponge exit-node cut off by ISP - The end of RentalSponge

M maillist at piirakka.com
Tue Apr 20 09:55:34 UTC 2010

Looks like the story of RentalSponge is over. I'm very sorry for this
but theres nothing I can do with my current ISP.

They said that running a tor-exit is now banned on their network. Before
I rented the server they said that I could run an exit node without any
interference from them. The point at renting a server from them was that
Tor was ok even when I told them that there is going to be dmca / abuse
complaints.

The ISP in case is Tenue oy http://www2.tenue.fi/, a finnish ISP which
rent's virtual servers etc.

I'll try somehow to get some new server to run tor-exit with but it
could take a long time.