minimal traffic footprint Tor on the road

Jim McClanahan jimmymac at copper.net
Mon Sep 28 22:00:06 UTC 2009

Jan Reister wrote:

> Il 28/09/2009 15:25, Eugen Leitl ha scritto:
> > Why the switch to Polipo from Privoxy? Is Privoxy officially
> > deprecated now?
>
> I just found out today and am wondering myself. From hearsay, Polipo
> should perform faster and better.

There was a somewhat extended discussion about Privoxy vs Polipo on this
list not too long ago (a month or two?).  You may wish to review that.
My recollection of that discussion is that Polipo being better was
called into question.  Certainly Privoxy is alive and well.  Besides
plugging DNS leaks, the two programs serve somewhat different purposes.