Repeatedly changing unique exit nodes

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Sep 24 08:08:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 09:02:05AM +0200, László Monda wrote:
> I'd like to change exit nodes in every n secs in a way that I don't
> want the same exit node to be repeated within m secs.

You want to do non-standard things with your Tor. You should start by
looking at the control protocol specification, which lets you tell Tor
how to choose its paths:
https://git.torproject.org/checkout/tor/master/doc/spec/control-spec.txt
and Torctl, a Python lib to help use the control protocol:
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/torflow/trunk/README

However, it won't be trivial. Mostly I hear requests like these from
people who only know a little bit of php, and they want to vote a thousand
times on some online survey, or spam a thousand website comment fields,
or other things like that. I have to say I'm not very sympathetic to
those goals.

Perhaps you have a use case in mind that would make people more excited
to see this happen? :)

--Roger