any rough stats on bridges ?

Flamsmark flamsmark at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 20:05:20 UTC 2009

> I'd like to see some stats, or even some conjecture, as to the longevity of
> a bridge, and what it means for the bridge to be born, be used, and
> eventually be blocked.
>
> I understand the mechanisms used to slowly feed bridge information to
> people who request them, but even that slowness can't keep them from
> eventually being discovered and blocked.
>
> It seems that a reasonable question might be: for a home user, with a
static IP, planning to contribute to Tor, which is most useful: should they
just be a bridge; start out as a bridge, and then eventually change to a
relay; or immediately sign on as a relay? Given some responses to this,
might it make sense to construct a tool to tell people when their bridges
should change to relays?