Less OT: Here's a Solaris crypto acceleration branch to try.

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Wed Oct 14 18:42:49 UTC 2009

Andrew Lewman schrieb:
> On 10/14/2009 02:18 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>  > Looks like he captured the call graph soon after he turned on his Tor.
>
> Yes, the callgraph was to see what code pathways are called on startup
> of my relay at the time.

sorry, I wasn't aware of this. Nevertheless the time spent in aes crypto
appeares to be overestimated. "openssl speed aes" gives > 200.000k bytes
per second on my active exit node with aes-128 cbc. Since this is more
than 1 Gbit/s aes crypto in theory and on the other hand 1 Mbit/s
traffic costs about 1% one core cpu cycles in real world I supposed only
about 10% cpu cycles spent in openssl aes crypto.

Olaf