Kaspersky wants to make Tor illegal

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Wed Oct 21 17:49:11 UTC 2009

Karsten N. writes:

> I think, fighting again anonymity is not a specific russian or chinese
> problem. IP traceback is under development for years....

The last time that I looked at a specific IP traceback proposal, it
was only about preventing IP spoofing (basically like a sort of
passive traceroute system, where the end recipient could find out
which AS numbers an IP flow probably passed through).  The only system
I know of that used IP spoofing in the service of privacy or censorship
resistance was SafeWeb, which I think is totally defunct now.  Does
anyone know of another example?

--
Seth Schoen
Staff Technologist                                schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    http://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107