Kaspersky wants to make Tor illegal and supports a globalized policed internet.

Flamsmark flamsmark at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:35:10 UTC 2009

2009/10/21 grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>

> Perhaps the worldwide spread
> of the Pirat Partiet will take upon this cause. But they
> would need a corporate branch... like Sinn Fein to the IRA.

I don't really want to stretch this analogy too far, and I certainly don't
think that it's reasonable to compare people who obtain, share and
distribute media in ways often suggested to violate local laws; with an
organised group of armed political activists/terrorists who killed many in
bombings. Nonetheless, wouldn't Piratpartiet already be the Sinn Fein
(completely legitimate political arm) to the massive group of sometimes
self-identified pirates (the legally dubious underground organisation)?