Timing attacks from a user's point of view

Xinwen Fu xinwenfu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 00:22:08 UTC 2009

Most timing attacks require global adversary like a government or ISP since
the attacker wants to find out two parties communicating with each other.
Our attacks have that constraint.

For parameters of the attack in 2, the paper has Lemma 1 for that. That is,
the signal to noise ratio affects the attack result. The random noise you
introduce is one type of noise. We did not enumerate the parameter selection
for different cases. We have some study of introducing noise in a different
context: http://www.cs.uml.edu/%7Exinwenfu/paper/icdcs2003_Fu.pdf,
http://www.cs.uml.edu/%7Exinwenfu/paper/icpp2003_Fu.pdf.

Hope it helps a bit.

Cheers,