DisableAllSwap question

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Thu Nov 26 10:23:19 UTC 2009

     I'm currently running 0.2.2.5-alpha but will probably move to
0.2.2.6-alpha fairly soon.  In the Changelog there is a note about a new
option available in 0.2.2.6-alpha called DisableAllSwap.  I'm running
FreeBSD, and my only swap area is GELI-encrypted disk slice.  Doesn't
that effectively accomplish the same thing on my system without requiring
a lot of real memory to be tied up in fixed pages (a.k.a. "wired" pages)?
Or is there some further advantage to be gained by using both that I've
missed?

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG