GSoC Introduction!

Kory Kirk kory.kirk at gmail.com
Fri May 22 21:49:52 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

    I am a little late on my introduction, but this tardiness won't be
reflected in any of my work - don't worry. My name is Kory Kirk, I just
graduated with a Bachelors in Computer Science from Villanova University
(outside of Philadelphia, PA) last weekend. In the fall I will be returning
to Villanova to complete my Masters, I am in a 5-year BS/MS program. This
summer I will be working with my mentor, Mike Perry, on adding some features
to the TorButton Firefox extension. I am really excited to get back into
programming Firefox extensions. The main features of Torbutton that I plan
to work on are : tor:// & tors:// protocol handling, better respoofing, and
precise cookie control, more details can be found here
http://korykirk.com/GSoC/tor_app.html . I would highly appreciate any ideas
or feedback you want to shoot my way.

   This is my first year participating in Google Summer of Code, and I am
really happy to be with the Tor Project. I don't know what else goes in an
introduction, so here are a few things about me that might be relevant: I am
almost always on IRC - on my computer and sometimes on my phone (nick:
koryk). I am from Dallas, TX, USA and will be spending my summer there, and
will be in Central Standard Time (UTC - 6). I stay up late. I love reddit.

I am looking forward to contributing to the community.

-KK