Vidalia issue yet ANOTHER problem

scream at nonvocalscream.com scream at nonvocalscream.com
Tue May 12 01:33:35 UTC 2009

There are many log levels, well five I believe.  The more detailed/intense
the log level, the more information is presented to the "message window" in
vidalia.  For example, the "Notice" level will log only important messages,
and there are only a few of those.  However, if the conf, or vidalia
message window is set to the "debug" log level, a great deal of information
is presented.  On Windows Vista, the debug log level slows and halts
things, due to the shear level of information presented.  It should scroll
very intensely and rapidly at debug level, I don't recommend it when using
the vidalia message window.  You may find the logfile if you are logging to
the disk, will grow exponentially at this level.  I hope this helps.

Jon