Out-of-date Tors (was Re: 25 tbreg relays in directory)

Nils Vogels bacardicoke at gmail.com
Tue May 26 06:35:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:04 AM,  <scream at nonvocalscream.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:59:33 -0400, Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> wrote:
> <snip>
>> But you're right, this is a real problem. Some of our users use Linux
>> packaging systems that keep them mostly up to date. But some are on
> Ubuntu
>> (...insert expletives here). And some are on BSD, which either provides
>> no easy upgrades, or the users don't use them.
> <snip>
>
> Has this been discussed with the Ubuntu packagers?  Is there a link to the
> discussion I can read...  I'm a user of Ubuntu and would be very interested
> in being able to update via apt (repository).

Same here!

I am using Ubuntu from apt (but only as a client), and if needed I
could also provide updates. I used to be a package maintainer for
FreeBSD, but have moved completely off to Linux these days.

If the packagers need some help or are in time constraints, feel free
to drop me a line.

Grtz!

--
Simple guidelines to happiness: