Tor grassroots advocacy

Ringo Kamens 2600denver at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 00:26:45 UTC 2009

You'll need to run them as root or using sudo.

Here's encryptswap.sh

swapoff /dev/sda2
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda2 bs=1M
cryptoswap /dev/sda2 /dev/urandom
cipher=aes-cbc-essiv:sha256,size=256,hash=sha256,swap
echo "/dev/mapper/cryptoswap none swap sw 0 0" >> /etc/fstab

and here's encryptswaprandom.sh

swapoff /dev/sda2
dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sda2 bs=1M
cryptoswap /dev/sda2 /dev/urandom
cipher=aes-cbc-essiv:sha256,size=256,hash=sha256,swap
echo "/dev/mapper/cryptoswap none swap sw 0 0" >> /etc/fstab

Here's wipeswap.reg (windows)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory Management\ClearPageFileAtShutdown]
"ClearPageFileAtShutdown"="1"
"REG_DWORD"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory Management\]
"ClearPageFileAtShutdown"="1"

Solidarity,
Ringo