OnionCat News

Bernhard Fischer bf at abenteuerland.at
Wed Mar 4 08:00:34 UTC 2009

OnionCat (http://www.cypherpunk.at/onioncat/) is getting more stable and we
successfully ported it to several OSes, most notably WindowsXP. Unfortunately
we still lag behind with documentation but we have tasks to enhance this
part.
Currently it seems to run stable on and was explicitly ported to

(*) Windows XP (Cygwin)
(*) Linux
(*) OpenBSD
(*) FreeBSD
(*) MacOSX

For Windows we are working on an installation package, for installation from
source have a look at http://www.cypherpunk.at/.
Ubuntu package is ready (http://www.cypherpunk.at/onioncat/wiki/Download),
Debian package is under construction. The debuild sources already exists
within the svn tree.
OnionCat is checked in into OpenBSD ports tree -- unfortunately exactly that
revision segfaults but an update will follow after release of OpenBSD 4.5.
On FreeBSD it will be checked in soon and also a MacOSX package will follow.
The Solaris port is already under construction.

Additional development is undertaken to build a special adapter (Socks5) for
I2P. This will make OC run with Tor and I2P.

For further information have a look at http://www.cypherpunk.at/onioncat/ .
Don't hesitate to contact me personally or register to our mailinglist
ocat-talk at cypherpunk.at (ocat-talk-subscribe at cypherpunk.at).

Best regards,
Bernhard