Abuse ticket

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Mar 17 07:03:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 01:18:10AM +0100, slush wrote:
> I dont want to close HTTP ports 8-), but next report of abusive traffic will
> lead to shutting down Tor or whole VPS :-(. So is there any "best practice",
> what I should do now? DMCA response is probably not fitting to this issue...

See also
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorGuideUniversities

The basic idea there is to start talking to people before incidents
happen, since they're more likely to listen then. This suggestion doesn't
help you so much in your current situation, though.

The other suggestions in the thread might be useful too -- especially
Phobos's suggestion of trying to take your ISP out of the loop in the
abuse responses.

--Roger