more on the Comcast 250 GB/mo. problem

slush slush at slush.cz
Fri Mar 13 22:46:54 UTC 2009

Hi Scott,

dont forget, that your's ISP last mile connectity is not sized for running
high-traffic servers. They count with aggregation, because dont expect many
users running any kind of server application. And I think there is nothing
illegal in their business. If you want to run fast server, rent a server or
ask Comcast to some business plan with less aggregation (and much much
higher price, because it is last mile connectivity).

Btw, Im also running one Tor exit on cable Internet. I have not any traffic
monitoring, but expect that Im also near to 300GB/month and Im just waiting
on first call from my ISP ;). 300GB of traffic is far over any "normal"
usage of home internet, especially in contry of former CCCP :-D:

Marek