more on the Comcast 250 GB/mo. problem

Michael G. Reed reed at inet.org
Fri Mar 13 18:22:10 UTC 2009

	Oh, don't be deluded into thinking they give a rats-ass about
"Business Customers" either - I used to have a business account from
TWC because I telecommuted and needed multiple static IPs and no
restrictions on the line....in the early days they were responsive to
problems/issues, but near the end (IE, after they had pillaged enough
out of me), they were less than helpful.  I had an outage at 2pm on a
Friday once (I watched a back-hoe do the dirty deed next door), I
called them and told them exactly what the problem was only to be told
the earliest they could roll a truck would be Monday afternoon....I
tried explaining that this was a business account (hell, I was calling
their business support line) but that didn't matter.  I was back
on-line 20 minutes later when I ran a patch piece of RG-6 across the
break from one pedestal to another....needless to say, the technicians
were NOT amused when they arrived 72 hours later to deal with my
trouble ticket, but I told them where they could go stuff their
service.  Sorry about ranting, I just didn't want anyone to get the
wrong idea that TWC Business would be a solution to running Tor if you
have problems with regular TWC.

-Michael