Gsoc Ideas

李东 ldongxp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 09:09:11 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm Li Dong and I study at Graduate University of Chinese Academy of
Sciences. I'm considering applying for project "*Tor Controller Status Event
Interface*" .

*Tor Controller Status Event Interface*
I had done some UI development with Qt in a project, and I had read most of
the Vidalia source code. So I think I may do this job well.
Approach: put a little blinking badge on Vidalia's tray icon that alerts the
user to new status events they should look at.

Steps:

1 develop the UI part of a dialog to show recent status event to the users;
develop the slot to handle the status changing signals emitted by tor.

2 list the events and possible operation options and tips; this part may be
implemented in two ways: one is that tips are provided as signal parameters
by tor process; the other is to create a table to map the events to
tips/operations

3 according to the operations chosen by the user, emit proper signals to tor

What do you think of my approach?

Thanks ahead for replying,

Li Dong