News from my Tor Server raid

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Fri Mar 27 01:56:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 05:53:25PM +0100, morphium at morphium.info wrote 0.8K bytes in 19 lines about:
: > To clarify, were you raided because you ran a Tor node or because your
: > IP address showed up in a website logfile (which was collected by the
: > police during their anti-child porn sweep)?
:
: Sorry, where's the difference? :) The IP of my Tor node showed up in a
: servers logfile.

Tor isn't illegal, spreading child porn is.  If they raided you because
you ran Tor, whether or not child porn supposedly went through it or
not, that's a big deal.  It's like being raided because I use full
disk encryption.  There are lots of tor nodes in germany, for example.