News from my Tor Server raid

James Brown jbrownfirst at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:08:02 UTC 2009

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM,  <phobos at rootme.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:46:05AM +0100, morphium at morphium.info wrote 0.4K bytes in 13 lines about:
>> : On the SAME day, a letter of the state attorney was sent to me
>> : (arrived yesterday), stating I can pick my things they raided about 20
>> : months ago, on 1. of april (is that a joke now?) because they (the
>> : state attorney) has lifted the embargo. The raid 20 months ago was due
>> : to "spreading childporn" (running a Tor node).
>>
>> To clarify, were you raided because you ran a Tor node or because your
>> IP address showed up in a website logfile (which was collected by the
>> police during their anti-child porn sweep)?
>>

> (since he may be too bussy to reply…)
>
> My understanding is that he was raided this time because he is the
> holder of wikileaks.de and wikilinks has copies of things like the
> Australian censorship list (which includes things claimed to be child
> porn). Not related to TOR.  But he was previously subject to a TOR
> related taid.
>
> http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Police_raid_home_of_Wikileaks.de_domain_owner_over_censorship_lists

Did your problems take place in Germany or in another country? Which, if
it is not secret?  How they explain their actions (juddiacally)? Is
there the legislation persued persons for making tor servers in your
country? Or thay only explain their actions as actions for fighting
spreading childporn only? What are the judically causes for retention
your computers for such long term?
Have you done any legal acts for returning your machines?
I think that if it take place in the state which is a member of the
Council of Europe it is possible to bring an apeal to the European Court
of Human Rights against the breaking by your state art. 1 Prot. 1 of
European Convention for Protecting Human Rights.
If you want I can examine a question about representing you at the above
Court pro bono.

preading childporn