TBBundle, Browser javascript

Lee leecovuk at sky.com
Thu Mar 26 04:57:52 UTC 2009

Hello again,

I've just been catching up the further replies on this.

Maybe the developer(s) of the bundle and/or torbutton might wander along
and see this thread, and confirm whether or not javascript needs to stay
on in the browser.

I originally asked this because, when testing my connection, a little
more personal info is revealed with the browser's javascript turned on
than when off, such as the local time zone. I do appreciate however that
the config of the torbutton is set to enforce privacy and kill/block
most (all?) nosy javascript.

If I/we don't find the definitive answer, I suppose it is best to trust
the default settings in the bundle rather than potentially break
something by turning off javascript. It would however be very nice to
know for sure wouldn't it, seeing as leaving javascript enabled in the
browser seems to contradict one of the commonly held 'rules' of 'safe
surfing'.

Lee
UK