accessing freenode from an IP address that ran tor

Robas, Teodor teodor.robas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 20:17:06 UTC 2009

Hello,

I need some advice with this situation: I can not get access to freenode
irc servers. It says that tor exit nodes are banned, even if I stopped
tor two days ago. Now I have mailed to them the PGP encrypted nick and
password hash and so on.

What I want to know is: do I need to run tor everytime I want freenode
access ? Because I just want to connect directly.
And a second question: Does anybody have knowledge it those ip adresses
ever get unbanned ?

Regards,
Teodor