Help Iranian dissidents

Chris Humphry humphry.chris at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 19:52:59 UTC 2009

Hello Robert and Karsten N.,

Both you of have expressed concerns about politicizing Tor and I agree
to an extent.  If we don't tell those who need Tor about Tor why make
Tor in the first place?

>if this is a crisis and who is the good guy and the bad guy should in
>my opinion not be discussed on this list. Not everyone might share
>your view of "dissidents". Some might call those guys different.

I am not helping the Iranians because I like them or that I like Democracy.  I am helping them because the need help accessing the Internet, simple as that.  I don't know enough about the issues in Iran to make a decision on anything, I am only trying to spread anonymity and help those who want it.  Likewise I would help any group or person who seeks anonymity and is not violent, or trying to repress other people, period.   My only 'issue' is human rights and to  me politics plays no roll in that.  Human rights are not the concern of any one group or Nation, it should be the concern of every Homo sapien.  Hell, I'd help a alien if they asked for it and did expose a wish to kill other aliens...

It think those who use Tor and the Tor Project media team should try to help all those who need and ask for help *and* do not expose a wish to kill or oppress.  IMO the "whys'" of killing and oppression are not important, what is important is they should not happen, period.

>i will keep my server running even I know some guys I don't like are using it.

To me that is a different issue than running a Bridge.  If I am running a entry/rely/exit node then sure, I feel the same.  I don't want kiddy porn to be transferred over my node but I'm not about to throw the baby out with the bath water.   However, when I am running a Bridge node I feel it's my right as the operator to choose who I give it to.  I won't give it to those who expose the wish to view kiddy porn but I will give it to those who expose the wish for freedom of speach...

Thanks