Help Iranian dissidents

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Sat Jun 20 17:06:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 06:01:27PM +0200, Nils Vogels wrote:
>    On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Karsten N.
>    <[1]tor-admin at privacyfoundation.de> wrote:
>
>      And I hope, tor will stay political neutral.
>
>    IMHO, Tor is, much like any other software, a tool. A tool is used to
>    accomplish a goal. In this case, the goal is freedom of information for
>    the Irani people or phrased otherwise evasion of lawful interception in
>    Iran.
>    Now, one may think whatever one wants about the way a tool is used (a
>    hammer can be used to make a shed, or it can be used to permanently
>    ventilate brains), but the tool is still the tool. A tool cannot have a
>    political view, and I am convinced Roger et al will do their best not to
>    let their personal views on any matter bleed too much into the codebase of
>    tor.
>    Greets,
>    Nils

This is really not the place for a political argument.
If it were, i would be pointing out that aquiescence to
any existing regime *is* taking a political stance.

However, as noted on the Who Uses Tor page,
https://www.torproject.org/torusers.html.en
Tor is useful to people from all ends of the spectrum
including dissidents and governments.
Therefore it is not necessary to debate motives or politics
but rather to educate everyone about it
and further its development.