mail from iran

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Jun 19 06:37:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:36:33AM +0430, amir (hushang) azizi wrote:
> I reside within Kermanshah provice of Iran and I have compiled and
> installed tor and privoxy on my ubuntu machine.
>
> It works flawlessly.
>
> Thank you.

Glad you found it useful. Let us know if we can answer any Tor questions
for you. Also let us know if it stops working, so we can help to debug. :)

Speaking of which: we've recently heard rumors that port 443 is blocked
throughout Iran. Have you found that to be true? Tor should be able to
work even if 443 is blocked, but it will work better if 443 works.

And last: once you have a bit more free time, we'd love to have some
help translating our tools and website into Farsi.

Thanks!
--Roger