Hetzner

Bernhard Fischer bf at abenteuerland.at
Thu Jun 18 08:45:44 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I've used to run a Tor exit with Hetzner a couple years ago, which
> resulted in several tet-a-tetes with the local (Bavaria) police.
>
> I don't think Hetzner will give a damn if you're running a middleman.
> Especially if it's throttled, so you're not making them lose money
> on you.

That's also my opinion. We also ran an exit node at Hetzner which lead to
several discussions with their abuse people. One time the server simply was
shut down and it took me days and much discussion to bring them to activate
the network again.
They have been very uncooperative all the time. As a consequence, we moved our
services away from Hetzner.

Bernhard