eliminating bogus port 43 exits

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Sun Jun 14 10:42:16 UTC 2009

Hello, Scott!
You wrote to or-talk at seul.org, scream at nonvocalscream.com on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 01:15:43 -0500 (CDT):

>      Now, another person on this list has argued that the RFC's should be
> ignored and that IANA should be ignored.  I remain unconvinced that doing
> either would be a good idea.

The main discord here seems to arise from totally different approaches
to the question. You are building a whitelist while default tor exit
policy is a blacklist. IMHO it's hard to constructively discuss amending
blacklist from whitelist POV.

> Having a set of standard port numbers at which
> one may expect to access standard services is valuable,

Sure it is valuable but AFAIU tor is not there to bring order back to
Internet.

Alexander Cherepanov

P.S. There is neither X-Mailer nor User-Agent headers in your mails.
That's cool but missing In-Reply-To and References is annoying. Do you
use some email sanitizing software or just hardened MUA? If it's not a
secret of course:-)