Introducing Torfox 3.0.10

Tor Fox torfox.org at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 22:31:17 UTC 2009

Jacob wrote: > Have you read the design document that Mike wrote about
Torbutton? No, I've done a lot of that already but some of it I hadn't
thought of. I'll make sure that Torfox offers at least those features. >
rogue browser extensions that are often installed on Windows machines Ok,
I'll make sure I disable those. > Why not use 9050? To not conflict with
other running Tors? Right. > It is important to be able to build it and
produce the same binary that you offer for download. The only thing missing
is the icons. > I'm not sure what you mean when you say that it appeals to a
different style of usage. Do you mean because it lacks a Torbutton logo, or
that it lacks Vidalia? No, I mean that you can just forget Tor is even
there. It's more like an appliance rather than an always-on service. It's
less intrusive. > We do a lot to protect users with the Tor Browser Bundle
(much of it is protection added by Torbutton), it would be a really good
idea to make sure you're familiar with those things. I agree. > I look
forward to reproducible builds! Don't forget the pgp signatures too. ;-) You
can reproduce it right now, other than the icons.