Safe destinations

CyberRax cyberrax at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 06:43:30 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 3/7/09, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 3/7/09, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> How awful would it be to create a community managed list of
> 'safe
> destinations' distributed by the directory servers as a
> single object
> which exit operators could include in in their exit
> policies and
> further refine with local rules?
> [...]

It could instead be carried by websites. Vidalia already has pre-defined presets for easier setup of exit nodes (instant messaging, HTTP, etc), another preset wouldn't be hard to include. As for Tor's side - a default list already present in .TORRC doesn't sound bad. I think it'd help a lot if people knew that *by default* exit node configuration is set up for safe websites (but users are also encouraged to include other services to help the Tor network even more).

      New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!