Newcomer - Want only act as server between servers

Bernd Schmelter benn at chefe.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 30 17:53:11 UTC 2009

Scott Bennett schrieb:
> Hi Bernd,

[...]

>      It must be because it does appear to be working. :-)  However, you
> didn't provide enough information for us to look for your relay in the
> consensus or directory information to see how that looks.  I tried
> searching on your email address in case you had used the same email
> address in the ContactInfo, but didn't find it.

ok, some more information

- running on debian testing and installed via aptitude

/etc/tor/torrc:

------
SocksPort 0
SocksListenAddress 127.0.0.1
Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
DataDirectory /var/lib/tor
Nickname bennsservtoserv
Address chefe.dyndns.org
RelayBandwidthRate 625 KBytes
RelayBandwidthBurst 1250 KBytes
ContactInfo Bernd Schmelter <benn at chefe.dyndns.org>
ORPort 9001
DirPort 9030
ExitPolicy reject *:* # no exits allowed
-------

/etc/security/limits.conf:

debian-tor      hard    nofile  8192

There are good traffic now. Hope you can see the server by
Nickname.  Hints for right configuration are welcome.

with regards

Benn