Firefox video tag

Marco Bonetti marco.bonetti at slackware.it
Wed Jul 1 08:48:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, July 1, 2009 00:02, Erilenz wrote:
> Firefox 3.5 was released today. Has anyone investigated the new video tag
> that it supports with regards to whether or not it can cause leaks with
Tor?
I wrote some ideas (in italian) on it some time ago, for e-Privacy 2009:
http://sid77.slackware.it/tor/TorWeb20.pdf
I, then, did some work on it and other html5 capable browsers (Chrome and
Safari): I took a look on how do they honor the <video> tag while using
Tor and Privoxy. I submitted all the stuff to DeepSec 2009 cfp, let's see
how it rolls.

However, the (quite predictable) results: stick with Firefox and TorButton
;-)

ciao!

--
Marco Bonetti