many new relays

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.org
Sat Jul 11 03:08:35 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 05:54 PM, Phil wrote:
> Any news on this thread? Is there any reason to believe the network is under attack or not?

We have no reason to believe the Tor network is under attack.  The
simplest explanation is that all of the efforts to promote Tor in Iran
are resulting in a burst of new relays.

In the past, we'd consistently see bursts of new relays after major
press articles; such as stories on Slashdot.

The full directory archives will soon be available for all to do your
own analysis of the recent growth in the Tor network.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://torproject.org/